Sunday, 14 June 2015

Carlo's E3 Wishlist!


With E3's imminent approach, hype and rumours of the games that are going to be revealed are circulating the internet. Games such as Fallout 4 and Assassin's Creed are but a few of the big name properties getting gameplay, and multiple others are expected to be announced. Read on to find out the 5 things I'm most excited for, and what I'm hoping for at the biggest gaming event of the year: E3! Just saying, I'm not going to include Fallout 4 in this list, because I think everyone is excited about that.
http://www.gamemoir.com/opinions/waiting-and-hoping-for-great-things-in-e3/

For Sony's conference, I'd like to see one of their old franchises return. A game from the Ratchet & Clank series was recently announced, so I would like some of Sony's staple franchises like the Jak and Daxter series, Sly Cooper series and the Crash Bandicoot series to return to new gen. They haven't been in the gaming scene for a significant amount of time, and they would provide some more variety to the somewhat limited selection of games for the new generation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0WgKxcNy8

I'd also like to see a new Rockstar title announced. A new sequel to one of their games, a Red Dead sequel, Bully for the new generation or a completely new IP would be welcomed with open arms by the gaming community- they have proved they can handle IPs separate from their main ones by the success of LA Noire and Bully, and a Bully for the present generation would be interesting. Imagine a minigame on cyberbullying!

http://www.doublethrill.com/articles/why-bully-is-my-favourite-rockstar-game/
Kingdom Hearts 3 is another franchise I want to see gameplay of. I'm a pretty big fan of JRPGs and Action RPGs, and seeing some new footage of it as well as maybe a release date would give me something to look forward to in that genre for this year (if it is released this year that is). The merging of the Final Fantasy and Disney universes was one that was very unique, and I loved playing the first and second when I was younger. The only thing I desperately hope they do is only use the Disney movie characters- I really don't want to see the likes of Phineas and Ferb or the Star Wars universe in the newest installment.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/12/27/kingdom-hearts-iii-news-coming-in-2015-with-a-vivid-look-and-keyblade-transformations/

Some other Square Enix franchises I want to see more of are the Hitman franchise which Square Enix now owns, as Absolution, while not having the exact same vibe as the previous instalments, still felt similar, so I trust them with the series. Another franchise I want to see more of is Sleeping Dogs- Wei Shen's open-world, beat-em-up romp through Hong Kong was a thoroughly enjoyable one when I experienced the HD remaster on PS4, and a continuation or a completely different story in the same universe would be a welcome announcement.
http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/12/news-on-next-gen-hitman-is-expected-later-this-year-developer-says/

Lastly, something I'd like to see at E3 is Ubisoft making a comeback-be that with a new instalment in a series like Watch Dogs (with a trailer that is slightly more truthful this time) or showing some more of The Division, a game which, if it isn't released soon could very well be stuck in development hell. I'm fine skipping out on a Far Cry game this year, as the franchise needs more time to be innovative (4 was a lot like 3). I'm still holding out hope for the company, but with the recent quality of their games this could be one of their last chances to prove themselves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg

 It would also be beneficial to all of the game companies if they were slightly less excited about their games... *cringes* Kinect...*cringes* Ubisoft's Battle Tag.


What are your hopes for E3? Tell us in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment