Thursday, 29 January 2015

LEGO Of My Money!


1
Image from www.eurogamer.com
In a press release, Warner Bros Interactive filled tons with joy by announcing about a million (read: 3) new games for release this year, as well as iOS ports for last year's LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and The LEGO Movie Videogame, which I'm pretty happy about since I can now pick up these games for dirt cheap and reveal my guilty pleasure to any Nosy Nancys.

The first announcement is one that's been teased ever since the credits of LEGO Batman 3: that's right, LEGO Jurassic World is coming to current and last-gen consoles, PC and (Undoubtedly abridged) handheld console versions in June. You'll be able to play through the first 3 Jurassic Park movies, plus the new Jurassic World (Please be voiced by Chris Pratt) film, which means that the game will either be about an amazing reboot or something worse than Jurassic Park 3. I'm not too excited about this game, but if an open-world format is used, I might take a peek.

Secondly is a game I'm so glad that they're making: Lego Marvel's Avengers! Marvel Super Heroes was possibly the best LEGO game I've played, thanks to the huge array of characters and the open world full of puzzles, so this has got me really hyped. It'll be coming out on the same consoles as usual in Autumn (NOT FALL) this year, where you'll be able to play through the first two Avengers films. Still, as much as I'm excited for this, the fact that there isn't an original story kinda makes the hype die down for me a bit.

Last of all is a 3DS and PS VITA exclusive titled Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin, which DOES has its own original story. It'll be coming out on March 27th and will be developed by TT Fusion (Not TT Games) who have experience in developing for handhelds: they've developed the handheld versions of every LEGO game since LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, as well as creating LEGO Rock Band (Good) LEGO City Undercover (Ehhh) and the LEGO Movie Videogame (OHGOD) among others, so I've got a bit of faith in them.

Which LEGO game are you most excited about this year? Or are you a heartless demon who doesn't like LEGO games? Tell us in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment