Sunday, 16 March 2014

Sam's BAFTA Predictions: Right Or Hong Kong Wrong?


As you may or may not know, the VG BAFTAS were held last week, and I made some predictions for who would win them. Now, you'll see whether I was right or Hong Kong Wrong (Because I need to rhyme SOMETHING in the title!)

Action And Adventure: Sam Said: Tomb Raider. Winner: The Last Of Us

Games Innovation: Sam Said: The Stanley Parable. Winner: Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons

Artistic Achievement: Sam Said: Bioshock Infinite. Winner: Tearaway

Mobile And Handheld: Sam Said: Tearaway. Winner: Tearaway

Audio Achievement: Sam Said: Battlefield 4. Winner: The Last Of Us

Multiplayer: Sam Said: Battlefield 4. Winner: GTA V

Original Music: Sam Said: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Winner: Bioshock Infinite

Performer: Sam Said: Steven Ogg (Trevor). Winner: Ashley Johnson (Ellie)

Best Game: Sam Said: GTA V. Winner: The Last Of Us

British Game: Sam Said: GTA V. Winner: GTA V

Sports: Sam Said: Forza Motorsport 5. Winner: FIFA 14

Strategy And Simulation: Sam Said: Papers, Please. Winner: Papers Please

Family: Sam Said: Tearaway. Winner: Tearaway

Game Design: Sam Said: GTA V. Winner: GTA V

Debut Game: Sam Said: The Stanley Parable. Winner: Gone Home

Story: Sam Said: The Stanley Parable. Winner: The Last Of Us

Out of the 16 awards I predicted, only got 5 right! I appreciate that I'm not a huge gaming critic and I don't have every system, so then again I probably know a helluva less about why these games won. However, I have 1 major gripe with the award winners:

 FIFA 14 winning Sports. FIFA 14 is basically FIFA 13 but more "realism", aka much more frustrating to play. I think that Forza 5 deserved it because even though it had microtransactions, it was one of the first great next gen exclusives, along with Resogun, and that it should have won. Either that or NBA 2K14. The graphics are some of the best I've ever seen, and better yet it has a great LeBron James story mode! Why the hell did FIFA win?

Anyways, that's just my opinion, and we'd love to hear yours! Make sure to vote in the poll and tell us in the comments section if the winners were spot on, or you thought there were other games more deserving of them!





No comments:

Post a Comment