Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Good Guy Rockstar


Sure, FOX hates you, but then who doesn't hate FOX?

I officially fell in love with the BAFTAs after it's been revealed that Rockstar will be winning at least one award at the Video Game BAFTAs tomorrow: the BAFTA Fellowship Award for outstanding contribution to the video gaming industry. Sure, you may think it's just another award, but people like Will Wright and Peter Molyneux have won this award, so i'm pretty sure that this award is very prestigious. Rockstar President Sam Houser, Rockstar Vice President Dan Houser, Rockstar North President Leslie Benzies and Rockstar North Art Director Aaron Garbut will be there to pick up the award, which I think is well deserved. Rockstar have always garnered tons of flak for their games, so this is a great moment for Rockstar to say "I told you so.".

Still, it would be nice to see someone from Rockstar San Diego there. Red Dead Redemption, anyone?

Still, I doubt that'll be their only award, as GTA V, even though it may have gotten a little bit stale, blew everybody away with it's near non existent loading times and living, breathing world. In my BAFTA Prediction article, I predicted that Rockstar would win the Best Game, Best British Game and Best Game Design awards, but personally i'm starting to think they'll win a couple more! Still, I was quite surprised that EA isn't in the running for BAFTA Fellowship!

Seriously, I've never been more sarcastic in my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment