Sunday, 9 March 2014

End Of The Week Extravaganza: March 9th!


THE GOOD!
Gabes been getting pretty source-y this week after he announced that the new Source 2 engine is going well after nearly 2 years of silence about it! In Reddit's AMA, he also announced that Source 2 was working with VR, so Valve could really up the ante in terms of Oculus Rift graphics, as they aren't really that special at the moment. I COULD say that Half Life 3 was announced and make every single one of you hate me, but I'm going to leave that until April 1st. What I'm hoping for is Left 4 Dead 2 on Oculus Rift, because I'd brown my trousers every time I see a Witch. But it'll be cool.

THE BAD!
South Park: The Stick Of Truth could be one of my favorite games ever once I play it, so that's not the bad thing. The bad thing is the censorship. I'm NOT saying I want to see some guy probed a million times, but it's just the fact that it was censored on the Xbox 360 and PS3, but not the PC. I know this may sound petty, but it's just this whole really sad "PC is the master race" thing that's going on. Hell, that's probably not even relevant! The real REAL reason the censorship is bad is because it angered Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of South Park. Sure, you don't censor a TV show that's on at 11 o'clock at night, but you DO censor a game that's rated 18+! Not that it'll stop me getting it though. He he.

THE PUGLY!
Poor old Ubisoft. They try so hard to please everybody by announcing the release date of Watch Dogs and launching a free update for one of their mobile games that adds 5 hours of gameplay, and then they just mess it all up with one video. It turns out that, like most game reveals, the footage they showed at E3 last year looks a million times better than the footage that was released a couple of days ago. It's a simple case of Tech Demos being used to draw people in, and then revealing the truth later. Still, their new game, Child Of Light, actually uses the concept art for the game in the actual game, so there's no broken promises there!

No comments:

Post a Comment