Monday, 10 February 2014

World Of Tanks: Now With Speed!


(Not the drug.)

World Of Speed, made by Slightly Mad Studios of Need For Speed: Shift and the slightly creepy Biker Bash, is an racing (How did you know?) MMO game announced today, and guess what? It's FREEEE!

For PCs only, by the way.

This game will have tons of different cars, from PRIUS to Aston Martin, and many different tracks carved from the cities of the world! Judging by the trailer, this game is going to look stunning, and I can't wait to get my hands on it if I ever buy a good enough PC! I'm really hoping for a Next Car Game style collision engine, but for a F2P game, that's a bit far fetched.

But in no way am I saying it will be cheaply made! Instead of being your bog-standard racer, with unimaginative modes like Point To Point, Circuit and Lap Elimination, no no. This actually involves teams! And not Formula 1 style teams, but teams that actually have to work together and try and complete objectives! I'm hoping for a variety of different sports to be put in, maybe Football, Dodgeball, that kinda thing. The only problem I can see with this is that the community might get a bit picky, and low level players will be kicked, but let's hope not! You can also make a Club with your friends, and show off with each other on the Airfield Playground, somewhere that I hope will be kitted out like a skate park!

This sounds like an amazing game, and I'm thoroughly looking forward to playing it! But what do you think? Will this be a don't-pay-to-win game, like Loadout? Or will there be lots of microtransactions and a bad community? Tell us what you think in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment